Commandant of the National Defence School
Colonel Miroslav Talijan
The National Defence School has more than a half a century long tradition. The school was formed in 1954 under the name of Military School of the Higher Military Academy of the Yugoslav National Army. The first generation enrolled in the School on 5th November 1955. From its beginnings until today, the school has changed its name for several times, but it was always the highest level of specialization for state and military officials in the defence system. The name - The National Defence School was adopted in 1993. In 2001 the General Staff School was integrated in the formation of this School.
The current organization of the National Defence School is as follows:
- The Advanced Security and Defence Studies,
- General Staff Course,
- Command and Staff Course and Basic Command and Staff Course,
- Department of Strategy,
- Department of Operations,
- Cadet brigade and
- Simulation and Distance Learning Centre.
Contact: +381 11 3603–879