In the Ceremonial Hall of the Military Academy a celebration was held to observe 18th March – the Military Academy Day.
Head of the Military Academy Major General Bojan Zrnić PhD welcomed the present to 169 year old institution.
- The history of the Military Academy in its foundation and essence is the written history of our people in the two previous centuries. From an aspiration to institutionalise the power of the people and its passion for freedom, through efforts to educate and instruct the true elite – an elite of knowledge and capabilities, ready for self-sacrifice and selflessness, to the expression of steadfast determination to last and survive at this geostrategic crossroads – General Zrnić underscored.
He stressed that that even at that moment we could not say “that there are no difficulties for our country, people or the armed forces”.
- But I assure you that the Military Academy houses those who love Serbia more than anything in the world and that is why I am confident that there is no historical tempest that could be fatal when we have the officer cadre that matures here – sent the message the Head of the Military Academy and took the opportunity to thank the minister of defence and state secretaries in the Ministry of Defence who “have recognised the importance of the Military Academy and provided rather material and visible support to the renovation of its capacities, the infrastructure in particular”.
- The future of Serbia walks at the Military Academy with a firm step. At the Military Academy, the firm step of the future of Serbia emanates character, knowledge, discipline and virtue. The cadets and attenders of the Military Academy, you are that future! – General Zrnić concluded.
On the occasion of today’s holiday, General Zrnić presented the Plaque of the Military Academy to State Secretary in the Ministry of Defence Aleksandar Živković for his contribution to development and advancement of educational process at the Military Academy, while State Secretary in the Ministry of Defence Bojan Jocić received from the General the Plaque of the Military Academy for the contribution to development and improvement of the infrastructure of the Military Academy.
Dean of the University of Defence Major General Goran Radovanović PhD conferred recognitions to the most successful ones – the best department, Department for Arms and Equipment in the Army, the best professor, Zoran Maksimović PhD, the best skills instructor at the Military Academy Lieutenant Colonel Milorad Petronijević, the best associate of the Military Academy, Major Mladen Trikoš, and the best professor at the Military Grammar School Aleksandar Dageljević.
Also, the rewards went to the best cadet of the 140th Class of the Military Academy Stefan Milićević, the most successful civilian student of the Military Academy Aleksa Ljubisavljević, student of the Military Grammar School Nikolina Božić and student of the Military High Vocational School Nataša Marković.
At today’s ceremony, the institutions and individuals with whom the Military Academy had successfully cooperated in the previous year were presented with scrolls of honour.
The best cadet of the 140th Class of the Military Academy Stefan Milićević, and student of the Military High Vocational School Nataša Marković spoke about the military schools. As Milićević pointed out there were three reasons why he had chosen the military profession.
- The first one is a boy’s dream, and love for the military profession, and the second is the high quality education and the third one is the family tradition which I wanted to continue. I would recommend the young to enrol on the military schools because of the good quality of education programme and competent staff offered by the schools and I would advise them to put on the uniform and serve the Republic of Serbia and the Serbian Armed Forces just like I do now – said the cadet, Stefan Milićević.
The student Nataša Marković believes that the military profession is very honourable and states it as the main reason why she made that choice.
- I have enrolled on the Military High Vocational School because it offers supreme education. I believe that the military profession is a greater challenge for women, but one can do anything if one wants it – said the student of the High Military Vocational School.
The ceremony was attended by state secretaries in the Ministry of Defence Aleksandar Živković and Bojan Jocić, Dean of the University of Defence Major General Goran Radovanović, representatives of the Ministry of Defence and Serbian Armed Forces, professors and associates of the University of Defence and numerous associates and friends of the Military Academy.
Today’s ceremony included the participation of the Artistic Ensemble of the Ministry of Defence “Stanislav Binički“, Choir of the Cadets of the Military Academy, cadets and students of the military schools and members of drama and music sections.