Education at the Military Academy starts on 1st October of the calendar year and it lasts for four years. After the gradution, students receive the higher education and become a graduate officer of the Army of Serbia by profession, as well as they obtain the degree of corresponding faculty with which the Military Academy has a shared program of studies. (Faculty of Organisational Sciences, Faculty of Security Studies, Faculty of Traffic and Transport Engineering).
After the graduation, students go into the professional military service and they are promoted to the rank of second-lieutenant of corresponding arm-service. During the education, students live in the boarding school, and all costs are carried by The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Serbia. The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Serbia provides students with accommodation and services in the boarding school, food, clothes, shoes, school accessories, textbooks, health care, carriage charge during semester and summer vacations and monthly grants, dependent on the rank which they have during their studying. The transportation to their hometowns between semesters are also paid as well as in the case of other valid nonattendance at the Academy.
A student is contracted:
- to graduate within the period of time defined by the Status of Academy
- that after graduation from the Military Academy, to go into service specified for a professional officer of the Army of Serbia and to stay at the professional serivce as long as it is provided by the Law on Army and
- to accept the deployment in garrison if the service requires it
Mutual obligations of persons enrolled for studying and the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Serbia are regulated by the contract.
In the case of the termination of the contract, a student shall reimburse costs of studying to The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Serbia in the following cases:
- if a student terminates his studing on a personal request
- if he losts his academic status because of his guilt, in a way and in the cases provided by the provisions of the Law on Military Schools and Military science-research institutions and other provisions
- if after graduation from the Military Academy, he refuses to join the professional military service provided for a professional officer of the Army of Serbia, and
- if his professional military service terminates at his own request or for leave without excuse from service, and he does not stay in the service as long as it is provided by the Law on Army.